Captain Invincible is playing pretend late at night that he is on a space mission and is running into a variety of obstacles in the process. He and his dog Comet battle the obstacles by using shapes, both 2D and 3D.
- sphere and cone game (sphere on a string and catch it in the cone)
- build a rocket using 3D shapes
- build a rocket prototype to clear one of the obstacles
- devise a way for Captain Invincible to escape the obstacle other than what he does
What materials could be used?
- paper, tape, aluminum foil, string
- solid figures
- recyclable materials
Other books/resources to supplement lesson:
- Sir Cumference and the Sword and the Cone - higher level (radius, diameter, height, circumference)
Grade levels appropriate for this lesson: